Friday, May 20, 2016

we bought a house



So do you remember a few posts back how our family was on a hunt for the 'right' house? Well, we finally found it...after 2 years of looking. Being patient pays off!

We haven't closed yet, but fingers crossed...we will be moving in mid-June. Our current house has also sold. The market is so hot here, we actually sold it in 24 hours. So needless to say, it was a crazy couple of weeks.

This new place is in a great location and has a nice layout, but definitely needs some updating. But I'm looking forward to that! Right away there will be new paint, light fixtures, and some outside work. In the next few years, our big goals are to remove a wall, put in a new kitchen, and new flooring. Wow...now that I write that down, it seems a little more extreme than in the happy place in my head. Well, in true form, I will avoid that until I'm forced to attack it head on.

I will post pictures of our current home soon, and then update while we fix up the new place!

This is our fifth house we've purchased and about our 10th move, so none of this is new to us. I always get energized to fix up a new space. I know it'll be lots of work, but it's work I'm looking forward to! (remind me of this quote in about a month!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment