Friday, April 15, 2016

cute girl room

My youngest daughter decided she wanted to be a big girl and sleep downstairs with her older sister. After having her sleeping upstairs with us of so long, I miss having her near to me!

But now that she's in a new room, I get to decorate a new space! (I'm working on my positive thinking!) Since she's the youngest child, she tends to get a lot of hand-me-downs, so I would like to give her something new just for her.

I've done a mock-up of what I'm hoping to accomplish.


These aren't exact items, but similar to things we already have and what we want to buy. Her bed frame is her old crib. It's a dark cherry color, which isn't my choice of stain but I work with what I have. We also already have a coral colored quilt and and a triptych octopus picture I picked up at HomeGoods. 

My next steps are picking out a paint color (I think gray), painting the existing nightstand (I think white), and picking up a few accessories. I would like to change out her light as well.

The only thing holding me back is this really long wall. I don't know what to do with it. I've been scouring Pinterest but haven't come up with anything yet. I know what I don't want (i.e. gallery wall, accent wall, or leave it blank).

I will take some before pictures of her room and do a post on that before I start painting and accessorizing. 

Do you have any ideas 'filling up' a long wall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment